Updating my website pages / Uploading my boards process - Project Development

 This is my process of fixing my website and uploading my project. 



First, I went to my portfolio page and added a subpage for my new project by clicking on the 'page' icon, clicked on 'add page', and then when the page was created I turned it into a subpage from the 3 dot icon settings. 




Then I added the same button icon setting that I already had on my portfolio page, which would lead to the new project. I did that by clicking on "add elements" on the left side toolbar, then clicked on the "button" section and selected the same design as the rest of them. After I placed it next to the rest, I clicked on it and then on the "change text & icon" selection that pops up and changed the text, and selected the link for the new page that leads to the third project 




After that, I went to my 'about me' page and updated my writing.


After that, I decided to change the backgrounds using my pictures. I didn't want to use pictures of my work because I thought that it would make it look less clean so I picked pictures I took of different buildings. Then I changed the background by clicking on each page and then clicked on 'change section background', then on 'image', 'upload media', and 'upload from computer' and chose the images I selected. 




After adding the backgrounds, I went back to my portfolio page and added a white background to the texts because of the picture. I did that by clicking on each text and then 'edit text', and clicked on the highlight icon that's under the fond size setting.


Then I added my background for my project page the same way I uploaded my previous images.



Next, I added my gallery by going to the left setting bar and clicking on the 'add element' icon, and then chose the sliding gallery. 


Then I clicked on the gallery, 'change images', removed the ones that were already there, and added my boards. I gave them titles and then made the gallery bigger.


When my boards were ready in the gallery I noticed the edges were cut off so I clicked on it, then on the setting icon and scrolled down to the ' how do images behave' and clicked on 'fit'. Then to change the dark frames I clicked on it again and then on the the design icon. I clicked on 'custom design' and then on 'border' and brought the opacity to 0%.


After that, I thought it would be better to change this background as well, so I chose the picture of the location I picked for this project and brought the opacity down by clicking it, then on 'change section background' and then on the settings, and lowered it to 40%.


After, I added the title and text by clicking on 'add elements', 'text', and then 'add heading 1' and 'add heading 3'. I chose the 'carmorant garamond light' fond, 60px for the title and 30px for the text. 


Lastly, I added the same 'back to home' and 'back to portfolio' buttons.



After I finished everything I saved and republished the website.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research