Reflection

 As this term is coming to an end and we finalised our foundation year, this will be the last post reflecting back to the three terms. Through these modules, I earned a huge amount of knowledge that I will be using in my undergraduate year next year. From researching to describing and practicing/learning skills like sketching, digital sketching in programs such as SketchUp to planning, 3D modeling, and many more. 

I learned how to use my creativity without being afraid to fail and take all the mistakes from previous projects to learn from them so I can do better in the future. I learned a lot of needed skills for architecture like understanding what the client's wants and needs are, what a structure needs to be sustainable while having a beautiful design, and choosing materials that can be maintained based on location, weather situation, etc.

During the third term, I managed to finish both 2D and 3D aspects of my project which I thought would be impossible but instead benefited me in learning ways to overcome obstacles in creating the project in the process.

I feel more confident in what I am going to study because of having experienced a little of what's to come with having gained more knowledge from my tutors, classmates and through the challenges that I faced. This was a successful year and I am ready to progress to DMU for my architecture undergraduate year. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research