Welcome back to my blog

 Welcome back to my blog for Art Portfolio 2. This is the last term of our foundation year in art & design which brings closer my undergraduate year at DMU. After two terms I've gained a lot of knowledge that it's going to be especially useful for this term, Art Portfolio 2 project which will be in 3D. 

This term I am hoping to complete another project that is more well-made and of good quality to reach professional levels. Last term I believe I had a good result but for this term I am also looking forward to contracting a better plan by doing more research on needed information, like looking into more materials and doing more in-depth research on artists and buildings that are gonna be related to my project to show and have a better understanding of my progression route and have a clear version of what I'll want to do in terms of developing my idea. 

As this term's project will be in 3D, I believe I will need to practice my skills in sketching, and art/craft making. Last term most of my project was made digitally which was easier for me because I am not very good at creating 3D projects but I will try my best to create the best possible result. 

Over the break, we had I mostly read books and in a few of them there were described a lot of gothic architecture visuals that had to do with old churches and other buildings. Gothic architecture was associated with the middle ages and is mostly found in Europe. Those buildings consisted of pointed arches, irregular appearances, vertical emphasis with a variety of materials, rich colours, and decoration.

As this term starts and we start our projects based on the themes we will receive, I will be blogging the whole process with ideas, research, planning blogs, and more.




Westminster Abbey, London (photo by Getty Images)  








References: 

- Riba (2023) (online) available from: https://www.architecture.com/knowledge-and-resources/knowledge-landing-page/gothic#:~:text=Associated%20with%20the%20Middle%20Ages,is%20an%20emphasis%20on%20verticality (accessed 11 April) 


Comments

  1. Talk about the books you read in more detail, Antria - what were they, how have they inspired you etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research