First thoughts on themes

 Today we have discussed our theme options for this term which were "Spiders from Mars", "Renaissance" and "Oceanic". Since our project for art portfolio 2 is gonna be 3D based, these themes were chosen to help us focus more on that. 

In general, all three themes were interesting to me and throughout the presentation, I had a few ideas already but was a bit skeptical about how they would work for a 3D project which worried me a little. At first, I was leaning towards Renaissance which was a theme that I really liked because historic buildings with gothic architecture was one of my favorites, but after thinking a bit through the end of the theme presentation I also had an interest in the oceanic theme that gives me a little more creative freedom with shapes and colours and inspired me already with a more solid idea. 

After thinking about it some more I think my first choice would be the oceanic theme, but I will still think about it and have a final choice before our sign-offs next week. In the meantime, I will be sketching and writing about the ideas that I have for both themes in my next blog post which will also help me make a choice between the two. 

My initial research will be about "the wave" building project by Lacime Architects 

Comments

  1. If you are concerned about the 3D aspect then maybe go for the 3 x 2D and 3 x 3D - the 3D could be different elements of the same building design - for example if you were thinking of creating a complex of buildings, then each one could be one of your outcomes (if that makes sense!). The 2D could be elevations and concept sketches of the designs you make in 3D. We will do a workshop on model making in Week 5, so work up to that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research