Developing sketches part 1- Project Development

 After having my sign-off and talked about the ideas I had, I decided to try and develop some of them and see which one stood out more. For that, I tried out redoing some more sketches and then tried out the shapes/forms for each building on sketch up just to try and see how the structures could work on the program. 


This is a plan sketch from my tutor that we discussed during the sign-off tutorial. These are some ideas for adding to each building a more clear visual with some additional details like the wave texture on the sphere, the curve of the wave building, and the shape of the trident building. I had these clearer ideas but I had to think over how each one could work out in 2d but also 3d between the time frame we had for our project this term.  






Here are some more sketches, these are focused on the wave building. I was thinking of how I could add to it by sketching a few different versions like adding a terrace at the top level under the wave structure or bring the wave shape around the building to the other side that will look like it's hugging the glass walls. Also, the material of the wave could be reflective glass to reflect the ocean and the environment around it. 









Here are the sketch-up drawings. 


For the glass sphere building, I was thinking of how I could develop it into having more detail like the plan drawing so after trying out some more sketches I went ahead on sketch-up and figured out how to create a sphere, after that, I tried the materials on it and there were some issues with how they were being applied on it so there was no way of creating the wave structure, which gave me some trouble on how I could add to it instead of leaving the structure just a plain sphere. 



Then the next sketch is the wave, this was also a bit tricky because of the design of the wave and the curvey part of the exterior, it was difficult to draw it since the options on freehand sketching on the program are limited so I had to use the freehand pencil tool which makes the sketching not precise and imperfect. This was just to try out if I could create the curving and see if the structure was possible to achieve with not having advanced skills in the program.





By trying to develop these I realized there might be issues that I haven't considered while coming up with these ideas, I'd have to work on sketch-up some more to see if I can find out more ways to create these with better results. This was part 1 of developing sketches/Ideas and in between parts there's going to be development from research and practice, so in the next parts, I am going to be showing how the choice of my idea progresses and improves through the process. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research