Parking lot design / process - Project development

This is my process of creating the parking lot of my building for my project on SketchUp. 




                                      First, I open a new document by clicking on "create new".


Then I started by drawing a base with the pencil tool on the left toolbar. 


I added walls to create the space with the pencil tool again and then drew on an entrance where the opening from upstairs will lead to the parking lot.



I then clicked on the entrance and erased the wall by clicking on it and then on "erase".


Afterward, I tried to create the inclined road with the pencil tool.



Then I started adding separators/cats eyes for each parking space on a line I drew on. I found the separators on the "3D Warehouse" from the right toolbar and search on the search bar "parking lot".



Then I drew lines in between the parking spaces and did the same thing on the other side as well. Then I drew another line of parking spaces in between and living the rest space for the road. 






When I was done with creating it, I started adding materials from the materials section on the right toolbar, I picked different asphalt and concrete materials from the "asphalt and concrete" category. 


This is the result of my underground parking lot. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research