Class Development Exercise - Listen, Meditate, create

Today we talked about how we can develop our ideas by using one of the three methods we learned, which were 1. Listen, Meditate and Create, 2. Mountain & Valley and 3. "Make a Flag". I chose the first one because music helps me relax and focus on what I am doing. I chose a playlist of mine and started thinking about my first ideas and how I could develop some of those. I sketched a few new ones but also chose one of my initial sketches to improve.


These are the sketches 


Since my theme is expressionism I tried to let my mind be a little more creative and came up with these.
This first one is the flower building, the thought was that the extra flower twigs on the main tower would be residential parts of a work building.




The second one was a utopian-inspired building that was supposed to be based on the remains of an old building. This is a residential building with one side being apartments and the other being a waterfall wall in an overgrown green land.


The third one is a developed idea from my initial sketches.  This is supposed to be a two-tower workspace building with the Top-exterior design connecting both. I thought of the ceilings being glass so the design can be seen through the building as well while also being used as skylights too. I also thought "Tangled" as the name but it may change for the final choice. 


After doing these sketches and talking them over with our tutor, I decided to choose this design and develop it some more. First, instead of doing two work towers I chose to dedicate the first tower for the workspace and then the second tower will be a smaller one which will be an entertainment space with restaurants, cafeterias, and shops. By deciding on these heights for the towers will make the top design look like it's spilling from one tower to the other and the space in the middle could be an outdoor sitting space. There is also a small quick top elevation sketch.




These were my developed sketches which helped me choose what idea I will lead with for our project. There is a small improvement in the idea and I now have a clearer version of how I want the building to be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research