Final Design - Tribrid building

 Today I will be blogging my process of creating the final design of the building Tribrid using SketchUp for my major project. This time I used the SketchUp app on the PC instead of the website which is arranged differently. The idea of this concept is a three-tower futuristic building connected by an ongoing bridge between them, each tower is 50 floors and will be a residents/work offices/ entertainment space.





I started by picking the pencil tool on the toolbar which can be found on the top of the screen and drew the base ground, then another base, and then the outlines of the buildings.




Then I heightened everything by using the pull/push tool which can also be found on the top toolbar, I clicked on the surfaces and dragged upwards.



Then I added the windows by using the pencil tool 



In the following picture, I added materials to the buildings and both of the bases, I did that by going to the left side toolbar chose "materials", then chose the glass one for the towers, and "landscape grass" for the base. For the second base, i chose a gray concrete material 


Here I added the bridge the same way as the previous model by using the pencil tool, I also fixed the second base so it is bigger. I added a pathway with the pencil tool and chose a flooring material "rock\grass",  as well from the "landscape" section on the "materials" 






          Next, when I was happy with the result I started adding details like trees , bushes,stairs etc. Here are some shots of that.




This is the final result of the Tribrid building design. I still find a lot of things that could be better but overall I think this is an improved version of my idea through all the test design I created previously. 








Comments

  1. Very good work - looking forward to seing your architectural design boards this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Further Research - Wassily Kandinsky

Creating my boards process / results - Project Development

Week 5 further research